Thursday, January 31, 2013

Proud parent moments and other news...

Well, a moment I have been anticipating: potty training has started! Tuesday night Addyson went poop on the potty, which was followed by peeing twice yesterday, 4 times today and another poop! She now asks for m & m's after she goes and signs more after the alotted 2, but doesn't get anymore until next time. It is so fun to watch her run up the stairs when I say do you need to go potty? I just hope it continues to go well from here!

Today we had another first which was also a New Year's resolution for me and that was to take Addy to playgroup. I must say I was a little nervous as we hadn't been before and didn't know anyone or what to expect, but we both enjoyed it a lot! There were about 8 other kids under 3 there, and 2 of which were boys. They had a bunch of different toys to play with and Addy spent the first little bit watching everyone and then quickly found things she enjoyed. Some of the things she liked doing were playing with the big drum, coloring, playing with pretend food, vacuuming, and sitting in the Elmo chair after making sure it was okay and not scary. My plan is to make it at least once a week if not both times it is offered. We also had our Parents As Teachers visit for January a couple weeks ago and enjoyed that. I was asked how many words Addy says on a regular basis and I had thought about 20, well the next day I wrote them all down and came up with 30+! I was very surprised. She is putting more 2 word phrases together like "get dressed", "belly button", "tickle tickle belly", and "what's that". She is also following directions more and is an all around good kiddo! We feel so blessed and lucky to be her parents. This age is so fun because they are like a sponge soaking everything up!

Another big event coming up is that Jared is getting his left ear cochlear implant in 3 weeks!! We are both excited and nervous. It has been a long few months to us, but relatively short in the scheme of things. Jared just wishes the dr could predict the outcome, but no individual has the same exact outcome as another so we will have to wait and see! I often find myself thinking how it will be when they first turn the device on after 3 weeks from the date of surgery and can't wait to see his reaction and how things change for him and our family. It takes up to a year for the person to get used to it and he will have many trips to the audiologist to help with the programming. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers and ask for them to keep on coming!

Here are a couple pictures, I am still having problems with the uploading or else I would do more.
1-28-13
 
 
12-30-12
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment